Instructions for 1099-SA - Form 1099-SA
Form 5498-SA and Form 5498-SA Instructions
The Instructions are on a 2 page pdf file.
File form 1099-SA, Distributions from an HSA, Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA (MA MSA).
The distribution may have been paid directly to a medical service provider or to the account holder. A seperate return must be filed for each plan type.
Download and print Form 1099-SA Instructions and Form 5498-SA Instructions.
Download and print Form 1099 SA - Download and print Form 5498-SA. (not for filing)
The sections to fill out on the Form 1099-SA are:
- Trustee's/Payer's - Name, address, city , state etc. and telephone number
- Payer's Federal Identification Number
- Recipients Identification number
- Recipients name, address, Apt #, city , state, zip
- Account number (see Instructions)
- Gross distribution
- Earnings on excess cont.
- Distribution Code
- FMV on date of death
- Choose HSA - Archer MSA - MA MSA
The sections to fill out on the Form 5498 are:
- Trustee's name, street address, city, state, and Zip
- Trustee's federal ID number
- Participant's social security number
- Participants name, street address, Apt #, city, state, and zip
- Account number (see instructions)
- Employee or serlf-employedperson's Archer MSA contributionsmade in (year)
and (following year) for (year)
- Total contributions mad in (year)
- Total HSA or Archer MSAcontributions made in 9following year) for (current year)
- Rollover contributions
- Fair market value of HSA, Archer MSA, or MA MSA
- Tick Box - HSA - Archer MSA - MA MSA
You can avoid the paper problems and use