Instructions 1099 G - 1099 General
General Instructions for certain information returns (Forms 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498 and W-2G)
This covers some new topics like truncated recipient social security numbers, and when you can use them.
Some 1099 G reminders cover:
- Backup withholding
- Electronic reporting requirements
- Who must file
- When and where to file Taxpayer ID numbers (TIN)
- Statements to recipients
- Correct and void returns...and more
Specific 1099 -G instructions that you should read:
Statements to recipients
Account number in you have multiple accounts for a recipient
sections on the 1099G Instructions page:
- Enter payments of $10.00 or more for unemployment compensation etc.
- State or Local income tax refunds, credits or offsets, etc.
- Amount is for tax year... regarding offsets etc.
- Federal income tax with held - concerns backup withholding
- ATAA or ATRA payments - Enter payments of $600 or more
- Taxable grants - Report taxable grants of $600.00 or more - read the details
- Concerns USDA agricultural subsidy payments
- Trade or business income - check the appropriate box
- Market Gain - report market gain associated with repayment of a CCC load whether repaid with cash or CCC certificates
- State ID number
- State income tax withheld Enter the amount of state income tax withheld form the payment reported in box 1
You can avoid the paper problems and use