Instructions for 1099 DIV
The form is about filing for dividends paid out and distributions.
List for whom you have withheld and paid any foreign tax on dividends and other distributions on stock.
You have to file the Form 1099-DIV, if the amount is $10 or more
For whom you have withheld any federal income tax on dividends and other distributions on stock.
And to who you have paid $600 or more as part of a liquidation.
The instructions are 4 pages long and in a .pdf format. I suggest that you read all of the information by downloading the Form 1099-DIV Instructions from this link..
Download the Form 1099-DIV (not for filing)
Boxes to fill in on the 1099 DIV form:
- 1a Total ordinary dividends
- 1b Qualified dividends
- 2a Total capital gain distribution
- 2b Un recap section 250 gain
- 2c Section 1202 Gain
- 2d Collectibles(28%) gain
- 3 Non dividend distributions
- 4 Federal Income tax withheld
- 5 Investment expenses
- 6 Foreign tax paid
- 7 Foreign country or US possession
- 8 Cash liquidation distribution
- 9 Non cash liquidation distribution
- 10 Exempt interest dividends
- 11 Specified private activity bond interest dividends
- 12 State
- 13 State ID number
- 14 State tax withheld
You can avoid the paper problems and use