Instructions for 1099 CAP
File form 1099-CAP, changes in corporate control and capital structure, for shareholders of a corporation if control of the corporation was acquired
or it underwent a substantial change in capital structure.
Form 1099-CAP is furnished to shareholders who receive cash, stock or other property from an acquisition of control of substantial change in capital structure.
Highlights of the Form 1099-CAP Instructions are:
- When to file
- Who must file
- Exempt recipients
- Acquisition of control
- Substantial change in capital structure
- Penalty for failure to file
- Statement to shareholder
- Account number
- Name address telephone number and TIN
Boxes to fill in on the 1099 CAP form
- Date of sale or exchange
- Aggregate amount received
- Number of shares received
- Number of shares exchanged
- Classes of stock exchanged
Download and print the .pdf of the Instructions for Form 1099-CAP
It is a 2 page document.
Download Form 1099-CAP (not for filing)
You can avoid the paper problems and use